A collection of themed posts. By various authors.
- Sexual Harassment Introduction
- Two Reflections on Sexual Harassment
- A Lawyer’s Thoughts
- A Nurse’s Thoughts
- A Student’s Report
- CJR: read the report.
- Time person of the year cover for 2017
- A professor shares her experiences.
- Yin and Yang.
- Timed to coincide with International Women’s Day, the Times on Thursday launched “Overlooked,” a series dedicated to telling the stories of women whose contributions went unmentioned in their era. That some of these women—Sylvia Plath, Ida B. Wells, Charlotte Brontë—weren’t recognized at the time of their death is, frankly, incredible. But their absence from the paper of record serves as a powerful reminder of the challenges women have, and continue, to face.
Letters from Japan
A collection of letters from Jess from Japan. Click on the link to read them!
One of our authors has taken a teaching position in Japan. I have asked her to write a monthly “Letter from Japan” for our enlightenment, education, and enjoyment. Here is the first.
Geez, it’s been a month already? #2
“Loneliness does not come from being alone, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important.” #3
I really love my small town. #4
“It’s not the experience that happens to you. It’s what you do with the experience that happens to you.” – Bertrand Russell #6
“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don’t ever count on having both at once.”
~ Robert Heinlein #7
“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it is not the same river, and he is not the same man.” – Heraclitus #9
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! #10
Letters from Sayward, BC
This post is by a former student, Paul Stahnke, who is living off the grid in Sayward, BC.
Community: “a feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals.” by Paul Stahnke.
Hello all, I have been remiss in contributing to our community and thought forum.
This morning I woke at 4:00 am when the motion lights went off.
2018 Letter. Happy New Year.
Laura’s “Letter from South America” series.
Dr. Homer “Murph” Swander remembered:
- Remembering a great teacher.
- UCSB Professor.
- RIP, Murph.
- Great Prof.
- Murph came to Nanaimo to see our production of 12th Night back in the day. He wrote this review of the production: